Dentures in Crystal Lake, IL
Partial or full tooth loss can affect your self-confidence if not treated. It can also increase your risk of developing other systemic health and nutritional problems. Luckily, dentures can bring back your smile and make chewing and eating a normal process again.
Dentures are removable and replace your natural teeth. Dentures are designed to look like natural teeth and are carefully crafted to match your smile’s appearance.
Full Dentures are worn by patients who are missing all teeth in either the maxillary or mandibular arch. The complete dentures cover the entire upper or lower jaw. Full dentures are made of a gum-colored base and attached false teeth. There are several types of full dentures available for you:
- Conventional Dentures – Conventional dentures are recommended for patients with completely healed gums. They can be put in place eight weeks after the last tooth extraction. A patient’s gum healing time can vary, and the exact time needed for the denture installation will be determined by your dentist. During this healing time, it is important to maintain proper dental hygiene and an appropriate diet to facilitate healing.
- Immediate Dentures – To prevent the discomfort of living without teeth, immediate dentures are an ideal option. Immediate dentures can be worn immediately after the last tooth is removed, however, the jaw modifies continuously during the healing process, so periodic adjustments will need to be made. Immediate dentures are recommended as a temporary treatment until conventional dentures can be worn.
Denture Care and Maintenance
The care and maintenance of your dentures depend on the type of denture being used. Drs. Bojan & Lima will detail the do’s and don’ts when wearing dentures, but there are a few general rules which need to be followed by each patient:
- Dentures need to be worn continuously in the first few weeks until the patient gets used to them. Afterward, the denture can be removed during the night for additional comfort.
- When not in use, the dentures must be placed in a special container and fully covered with water to preserve flexibility.
- Dentures need to be cleaned every day with a non-abrasive cleanser and a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Visit the dentist regularly for adjustments and routine checks on gums and remaining teeth.
Dentures can change your appearance, boost self-esteem and improve your eating experience. If you are missing teeth, visit Dartmoor Dental to see if dentures in Crystal Lake are right for you!
Dartmoor Dental is a modern dental clinic, specialized in diagnostics and treatment of dental and oral disorders. We offer comprehensive services from all fields of dentistry. In addition to high-end dental equipment, all services are provided in a comfortable, luxury environment.
Monday7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Saturday8:00 am - 1:00pm